Friday, March 22, 2013

Books I'm reading and a new resource to prepare for my homestead

I bought three books from eBay sellers last week to start learning about ways to have the homestead setup I want.

The first is The Humanure Handbook by J. C. Jenkins, the second is Create an Oasis with Greywater by Art Ludwig and the third is Mini Farming by Brett L. Markham.

I'm about a third of the way through The Humanure Handbook right now and am so surprised by the simplicity of the concept of closing the 'nutritional loop' so to speak.  I'm learning that I want to make less of an impact on the environment and show people how easily it can be done by example.

I also found out about Victory Garden International that was started by Tom Wiegerink right here in Palm City, FL where I live.  Tom is trying to teach people to grow their own food gardens to be self-sustaining.  I just found out about it and joined the group's Facebook page but I intend to volunteer to help out and to gain valuable experience as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment