Friday, March 1, 2013

"Jen's Nut Hut"

That's going to be my tiny house's name, Jen's Nut Hut.  A lot of people who know me won't be a bit surprised to hear that, but for different reasons than why I'm giving my house that name.  

One day last year I was sitting on my back patio and one of the squirrels that live in the trees caught my attention.  S/he was gathering dead branches from the tree by chewing them off of the limbs of one of the trees and taking them to where the limb met the trunk to pile them up.  Some of the branches got stuck on other branches and the little critter lost them.   More got lost or stuck than gathered by my count as I watched.  A good pile would get going and then topple over, falling to the ground 15 feet below.

That little squirrel just kept on gathering, no matter how many times the branches and sticks fell he just kept on going until he gathered what he needed.  I sat there and just marveled at the lesson I let myself be taught by a cute little tree dwelling rodent in my own back yard.  The persistence, patience, determination and fortitude I saw in that squirrel told me that I can do all of the things I want to no matter how many times I may stumble while I'm reaching my goals!!

I had been questioning some things until that very moment and felt I'd been given a validation.  I will have my tiny house ready by my 50th birthday, with bike mechanic school to follow. 
I will reach my goals, just like the squirrel did.  I just have to keep my eye on the goal no matter what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment