Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1, 3 & 5 year goals

I've been doing a lot of research for my 5 year goals lately and I've come up with a good 5 year goal plan.

My 1 year goal is to attend a tiny house workshop, acquire a trailer for the foundation, finish the shell and begin downsizing by selling off a lot of my clutter.

My 3 year goal is to finish the interior of my tiny home, find and acquire the land to put it on, see my daughter graduate from high school and go to college and then attend bicycle mechanic training courses.

My 5 year goal is to begin and build a small bicycle repair and rental shop, work part time and volunteer in my community. I'm even thinking of designs to build a tiny bike shop on wheels!

I know these goals won't sound very ambitious to many people, but these are my goals to live out the last 2 or 3 decades of my life in a peaceful, sustainable, happy way...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer
    Your goals sound great to me! You should look in to your bike repair courses soon, and have your training done before you complete the build. That way you can hit the ground running!
    good luck! please share your build photos with us when you start.
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe,
    Sorry it took so long to reply! It's been a busy time for me so I kept forgetting...
    I'm waiting to take the bike repair courses until after my daughter graduates because I already have steady work as a house cleaner. I'm going to concentrate on getting my child on the right path before I change my own 'career' path. I'll only be turning 50 a bit after she graduates and turns 18.

    I'll be moving to a new community somewhere because you can't really find cheap land where I live now. I'm on the Treasure Coast in Florida and the land bargains are west or north of here in other counties. There are a lot of cheap properties in the Ocala area and on the west coast of Florida. I'm looking for a village type setup where I'm walking/biking distance from grocery shopping, a flea market, bank, library, pharmacy, etc... Whenever I look up a property on a map I always search nearby for these things.

    I'll definitely keep everyone updated, I'm trying to find a flat-bed scanner to scan the sketches I have in my tiny house journal and I'll upload video/photos from the Tumbleweed workshop in Philly every day I'm there.

    Thanks for reading and for the well wishes!
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete