Wednesday, September 5, 2012

More of my reasons for living tiny & sustainable

I make my living as a self employed house cleaner & I work in a large variety of homes from a 1,000 sq. ft. townhouse to a 6,000 sq. ft. home.   I often wonder why some of these folks want 5 or 6 bedrooms, 2 or 3 living rooms, 2 dining areas, 6 bathrooms, etc., for 2 or 3 people.  These homes are gorgeous, but have an empty feeling to them for me...  Don't get me wrong, I love my clients, they're all wonderful, generous people & I love working for them.  But I worked in a bathroom "suite" today that could actually fit my tiny home I'm going to build inside it!  Maybe more than one, that's how big it was...
I wonder what kind of shell shock some of these people would experience if they had a health or financial crisis & had to downsize.  I'd be more than willing to help them find resources & show them how it's possible to house, feed & clothe themselves on very little.  I'm a single mom & have had times when I had to get by on less than $600 a month, which included rent, utilities, food, etc...
If I suddenly came into a large sum of money I'd start building my tiny house immediately while looking for a piece of land large enough to put it & dozens more.  Then I'd start a tiny house gifting foundation with what was left over after putting away enough to live comfortably the rest of my life & a little for my daughters.  Instead of living in a house big enough to fit 50 or 60 tiny houses (that just blows me away when I really think about it) I'd want to help 50 or 60 people or more to have a place where they'd always have a roof over their heads & maybe start a little general store for the tiny house community I'd help build!!
What do you think?  If you won the lottery or came into a large sum of money would you still want to live tiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment